NOTICE

NOTICE

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

When I am gone

 “Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio: a fellow
of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy: he hath
borne me on his back a thousand times; and now, how
abhorred in my imagination it is! my gorge rims at
it. Here hung those lips that I have kissed I know
not how oft. Where be your gibes now? your
gambols? your songs? your flashes of merriment,
that were wont to set the table on a roar? Not one
now, to mock your own grinning? quite chap-fallen?”

William Shakespeare


When I am dead and gone no one will remember me.  Human lives are almost all simply dust in the cosmic dust cloud.  We will not linger in memory or living world.  Nothing will remain... except for the gifts we give our children. 

Now, about the children.  We are made from a collision between sperm and egg, by two humans.  I didn't say love.  I didn't even say lust.  We happen in creation due to sperm and egg.  So growing up some of us become aware that we are not born of love but only lust.  We become born of love but our parents were not together before or after.  We become born of boredom.  We become born because sperm met egg, nothing special.  Our lives are special only for what we do with them.

And for our children... we grew up, and we chose to make a family. Our children can be special.  We are the ones who make that happen.  So when I am dead, the wisdom I've gained in life and shared with my son will help him.  The things I've created will be his to use or destroy.  But mostly, how much love we poured into our children will result in good people.  And good people will not burn down our world.



“Unbeing dead isn't being alive.”― E.E. Cummings

As a father who took being a parent seriously, I realize many things about my existence that others might not.  Life is not easy.  Our children are the sum total of love, life experiences, and their own gifts and talents.

I am not worried about being cosmic dust or living eternally.  I am worried that my children will live in a burning world due to others.  So I have tried to make my son aware of the world all around us.   And I've begged God to bless his life and his children.


No comments:

Post a Comment