NOTICE

NOTICE

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

The darkest journey

I have always been told that I am a pessimist.  This isn't true, but I am always told that I am too dark.  I write only about dark things and that I should be cheerful.  Well, I won't say I am happy overall, I am too sick for that, but I am happy for a number of different things.  I can say that as for a world view I try to think the best of others, and it is only that I am so often let down that I am depressed.  It is a struggle.


I do not see things as negative, nor do I assume the worst in people.


I found Him in the shining of the stars,
I marked Him in the flowering of His fields,
But in His ways with men I find Him not.
I waged His wars, and now I pass and die.

Idylls of the King (1856–1885) by Alfred, Lord Tennyson, The Passing of Arthur



But here are some things I love, that you might not know.

I love babies.
I love cats.
I love art.
I love Pre-Raphaelite art.
I love Picasso.
I love art museums.
I love poetry.
I love monsters like Godzilla and King Kong.
I love Akira Kurosawa movies.
Black and white films make me smile.
I love Duluth, Minnesota.
I love winter for the beauty, but not for the temps.
I "love" Siobhan Fahey, Sade, Elizabeth Taylor, Brigitte Bardot, and love my wife Beth.
I love the concept of honor, and morally find myself enamored of people and ideologies that are also involved in honor.
I love Peter Sellers, Jonathan Winters, The Marx Brothers, the Three Stooges and Laurel and Hardy.
I love bubble baths.
I love books.
I love bookstores.
I love authors.
I love comic books.
I love artists.
I love sushi.
I love Japan.
I love Samurai.
I love Sumo.
I love Canada, the UK, Greece, USA.
I love Diet Mountain Dew.
I love Sapporo beer.
I love Irish Whiskey, Bushmills particularly.
I love Vodka, Stolichnaya particularly.
I love a variety of genres of music.
I love Cat Stevens, Gregg Alexander, Amy Winehouse, Dusty Springfield.
I love Blue October, The Smiths, The Clash, The Smashing Pumpkins.

















RECENTLY I've listened to:


I recently read:


I plan to watch:


These are my favorite Video Games:


No comments:

Post a Comment