NOTICE

NOTICE

Saturday, June 10, 2017

My Crusade

I am a Christian.  But I am a Christian in a world with people who are cynical.  I do not try to argue what I believe, but I used to do so.  I am more wise than I was, and maturity allows me to understand the world better.  I try very much to live by a code of ethics, and morals.  By this I try to create a living witness to my beliefs.

Any powerfully held belief, whether it is aimed at God, Science, Politics, or some other Philosophy should result in life results.  That is, I believe that if you are authentic in your belief, it should be visible in what you do, and act like in life.  I think it proves your belief when you live it.

That isn't a boast.  I think whatever you choose to do in life, is your thing.  I used to argue with people regarding my beliefs because I felt it was my duty, and my mission to tell everyone what my "truth" was/is.   But over time I became aware that you cannot argue someone into belief, you can only bruise and wound others.

And, I'd argue, the same is true with politics today.  I have had people scream at me.  I've been called a Nazi for being unwilling to agree to a person's beliefs.  I also have been called a Commie for similar reasons.  And, the truth is, people really don't want to know what you believe, that just want you to agree with them.  I consider myself a warrior, but one of waging war upon the lies that modernity promotes.  So, will I take my fight to individuals?  No.

I don't believe people have to be converted, they have to be loved.  I believe that Jesus said Love your Neighbor as yourself. *

(Matthew 22:36-40New International Version (NIV)

36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”)



I am not self agrandizing.  I am trying to explain why I do not agree with your political views.  My views are not political.  I do not hold any views that fit any paradigm or any political party's platform.  I believe in a sort of libertarian view, that is, let people do whatever it is that within limits is ok.  Abortion to me is murder, but, the state sanctions murder in other ways.  Since I am not living in a Theocracy, I am compelled to give Caesar what is Caesar's and accept that.  Some will take issue with my term murder to describe Abortion. I believe that the state allows the death penalty.  The state allows military actions that kill civilians, innocents, and others. So for me, allowing abortion places the moral decision in the hands of the woman.  If you make moral decisions for people, when they make a choice that is against that decision by government, they will consider their view of it  not as right or wrong, but as a form of righteous opposition. 


I was asked why I am opposed to abortion morally but not legally.  I do not impose my views upon society.  As I mentioned prior, I believe that you do not convince others when you argue.  Also, I am aware that due to the circumstances of my origins in my birth mother's womb, I would not be allowed to exist in years since Abortion became legal.  Why do I say this?  I was conceived as a result of violent rape.  I was carried to term by a woman who had said at one point, I wish I could have an abortion.  I am living evidence that lives are extinguished by abortion.  Some might suggest I am brain dead.  They are welcome to their views.


I do not say any of this trying to convince you.  I am instead suggesting that if you look at my views, or anyone's views, they are born of complicated, detailed, intricate mental experiences.  What other people believe does affect me.  But, as a person who seeks God, and spiritual cleanliness, I am required to live by a different standard.


Christ said I am not of this world. When I accepted that I needed forgiveness, and that I had to respond to my understanding of God, I was choosing to be different than other humans.  I was choosing to live by a standard others would not wish to follow.  That isn't my concern.  My concern is being the Christian I believe I must be.

I am entirely flawed.  I am weak.  I am foolish.  I am tired and ready to let the waves of sadness overwhelm me.  Life is a fatal disease.  But I have to make the best of the time my flesh has.  It is as simple as this. 


No comments:

Post a Comment