NOTICE

NOTICE

Saturday, October 1, 2016

Horror


I generally don't find horror movies, books, comics, or games scary.  I find enough of about true life crimes, tragedies, massacres, wars, and the like to balance my fear of the fictional offerings.  But I still enjoy reading what others offer as their entree into the world of horror.  I am most often challenged and perhaps spooked by a setting or situation that is new, and is in itself dangerous.  I wouldn't want to be in space on a refinery ship in a cold long sleep, so fighting aliens in that isolation and aloneness would be beyond scary in a real situation.  I don't believe in any form of ghost or undead, but Frankenstein?  I could see a reanimated corpse, or somehow the attempt, and it going awry.  As a person who believes in god other people suppose that I am willing to believe in just about anything, and while I am sure anything might happen, or could, I don't give things much thought unless they sound possible.  Werewolves would be possible if you go the extra mile and suggest a virus causes a reversion to human primal instincts or such.  Zombies or vampires though?  No way.  Ghosts?  Even less so. 

 

Perhaps horror is having only one chance to escape the planet's destruction, only to find that the rocketeer has hung himself in despair.


Perhaps aliens with genius intellect will overwhelm our defenses, leaving earth to become abandoned and decayed.


Or maybe we'll create robots so smart that they will enslave humans.  And humans will be bred for food, or genetically bred and husbanded to achieve perfect organs for donation.  We can never know.


Or maybe some Alien species that was once worshiped will be pissed off that it is no longer worshiped and will return, and create a new dark age, for the rest of human existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment