NOTICE

NOTICE

Thursday, March 17, 2016

The Female Poets from America

AWESOME AMERICAN WOMEN POETS

I try to write from a perspective of having read enough, or experienced enough that I can make intelligent commentary.  But upon the following poets I can only say they are great.  I have not read much of their work. I have read works by them, and have read a few critical pieces regarding them and recognize their importance.  Since this blog involves a shitload of my preferences I thought I should just express why I can't go into detail, I am not familiar enough with them to do so.

Taste and how poetry works on each individual is why I have to step outside of myself to explain my bias.  I can, as any can, read a great work and recognize that it is great, but, also, recognize that it is not moving to me in particular.  People have different talents and skills, yes.  But this bias is about experience and taste, not quality of the poet.

They have great talent, great skill that was obviously honed by edits and rewriting, as any great poet does.  Of the poets here I should say, all of the works I've read I like.   I enjoy particularly the works of Emily Dickinson, but there are Pulitzer prize winners here, so any delving should result in a great reward.  Of the books here you might only not be familiar with Sophie Cabot Black, but, from my readings, she deserves to be on this page, her work is special, and will be remembered long after she is gone.

EMILY DICKINSON links 1 2 3

ANNE SEXTON links 1 2 3

SOPHIE CABOT BLACK links  1  2  3

SYLVIA PLATH links 1 2 3


MARIANNE MOORE links 1 2 3

H.D. or Hilda Doolittle links 1 2 3

GWENDOLYN BROOKS links  1 2 3

MAYA ANGELOU links 1 2 3



No comments:

Post a Comment