NOTICE

NOTICE

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

When I think When I believe




"The greatest act of faith takes place when a man finally decides that he is not God."  
 Johann Wolfgang Goethe

I believe in God.  In many ways I believe in God in ways that most people would believe in concepts like, water is wet, when there is snow it will be cold, fire means burn, ice means slippery.  So, I've been blessed with a faith that doesn't actually falter.  I also am not a literalist in my faith.  Therefore, the struggles people have over many issues, I do not have.  I see the world and believe it was created.  Atheists say it was a series of events and they happened by this and that force... and I am ok with that, because I believe anything that happened could have been guided by the hand of God.  That is, I see the events of science, in their magnificent precision, as confirming God, not denying God.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that same God who endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect had intended for us to forgo their use."   Galileo

I have a brain.  I was told 3 times what my IQ was after taking a test and it doesn't matter what it is, but it is a number high enough to be prideful.  But, I am not, what I am is grateful that God made me the way he did.  Because, there is no argument in my mind or heart between the forces of science or faith, or various religions even.  I feel like I know God, and, as such, I believe in such a way as I do not need to ram it down anyone's throat.  This is not meant to say I have the key, or God speaks to me alone, more than anyone else.  I don't believe that.  I am saying that I believe, and God blessed me that I have no inner conflicts over who God is, nor over my place in the universe.  I believe that whatever God wishes to happen will happen, that God uses all things and turns them for good, and that there is no power greater than God's.  If you wish to debate or argue various points here, take it elsewhere, I am not interested.  What other people believe, or don't believe really doesn't move me, except to say, I hope no one misses the chance to know the architect of the universe, and I pray no one misses out on being redeemed.

"A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell."  C.S. Lewis

"The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion." Albert Camus

No comments:

Post a Comment