NOTICE

NOTICE

Thursday, April 2, 2015

The Quest is Lonely, The Trial is Enormous



I am reluctant to give up my quest.

I have pursued it for 51 years, breathlessly at times, painfully quite often.  And I've never reached my desired quest's end. My cheeks are shallow, my body is emaciated.  I can barely stand without shaking, and my vision is that of a much older man.  Should a beast choose to fight me, should a temptation offer itself, I cannot see how I might be able to defend myself.  Going without that which strengthens me is the recipe for failure.

So I continue on, knowing I might fall, I might fail...

Isaiah 40:31
"but those who hope in the Lord
    will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
    they will run and not grow weary,
    they will walk and not be faint."

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite passages of scripture for a number of reasons. I feel your helplessness from your words, but take heart, for when we are weak, the Lord makes us strong. It is in His strength that we are able to continue. I am preparing to post some of my inspirational poetry if you would be interested in seeing it. If not, know that you are not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I would love to read it.

    I am more exhausted than feeling helpless, but exhaustion can lead to helplessness on the linear path. I appreciate your time to read and comment.

    ReplyDelete