NOTICE

NOTICE

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Brain Thief Dementia

I fear Dementia and Alzheimer's.  I fell into a pit of despair when I lost my mother to Alzheimer's, and more, felt helpless as I watched her fade into the graylands.  I am not suggesting that I know what could be done better to help her, because I have no idea.  It was a wicked turn of events for a woman who defeated cancer four times, who rose up from poverty.  She made her life something out of relatively nothing.  And she ended up not knowing who her children were, nor where she was.

What a thief you are Dementia.  I hate you, and wish only hateful things towards you. I should rather you had taken me and left my mother to live happily and disease free.  She had made her life bloom, I've only sat and watched as others live.

No comments:

Post a Comment