NOTICE

NOTICE

Sunday, January 25, 2015

My Body of Work


“Faith is an oasis in the heart which can never be reached by the caravan of thinking” Kahlil Gibran

Words of reason to the insane
Make no sense to them
But rather, they just hear noise
Reason becomes insanity
Arguments and debates
Become pointless
Sad it may be
It is best to accept
That there is nothing I can do
There are those
Who are filled with hate
There are those
Who desire my failure
They stoke their fires
Light their braziers
The wood burning
Creating heavy smoke
I am led to the platform
The ritual begins
First to shred
My outer raiments
Made to be nude
Before judgmental eyes
They rip my cloak
And strip me
Empty of my flesh
They try to make me invisible
Try to erase my being
Their acts empty me of breath
But whatever their intentions
My words are meant to invoke
To create hope
To bring truth 
My life is meant to be an example
They cannot remove my honor
They cannot steal my redemption
However they treat my body

“Just as the body cannot exist without blood, so the soul needs the matchless and pure strength of faith”  Mahatma Gandhi

No comments:

Post a Comment