NOTICE

NOTICE

Thursday, September 11, 2014

False Worship


Worship.  Worship comes in many forms.  But to worship a created thing instead of the creator, is called idolatry.  I have often thought that nature is perfect, and perhaps, in itself, without any context, it is.  But nature is a created thing.  So in my view, America, which worships celebrity, fame, power, beauty, success, and more, is an idolatrous nation.  I believe every nation is likely such, but having not lived elsewhere I can only offer that as a theory.

But the worship of idols has gone on so long, we have no reason to be ashamed for it.  We have inherited this tendency from 30 previous generations, or more. 



I do not offer these thoughts to condemn other people.  I am idolatrous.  I look at beauty and praise it, worship it, in my own wicked way.   And I am ashamed of myself.  I recognize that many people, if not most, do not believe in a god.  I do.  So when I worship the created, instead of the creator, I fail worse than others, who hold no beliefs.


Some of my behavior is instinct.  I am made of meat, I am not so bright I escape my human trappings.  I lust for women.  Beautiful women make me want to have their body close to me, and to have sex with them.  The extent to which I fight, depends  upon how moved I am.  I am not, however, a wall of stone.  How tired I am, how long it has been since I've been with my wife, and simply the power of the beauty before me all play a role in my descent.


I fail.  Every day, I fail.  But I will go on, and try harder.  Because the result if I do not, is to fall from this high perch, to the bowels of Hell.  Lust is my greatest sin, it is a multiple headed snake, with poison to kill me.  So mock me, track my fall, laugh at my folly.  I deserve it.


But I believe in the Creator, the architect of everything.  So whatever I endure, is worth the pain.





2 comments:

  1. CATHOLIC WORSHIP? BY STEVE FINNELL

    The Roman Catholic Church teaches the church itself is God's authority here on earth. They believe the Bible is second in authority to the Catholic Church.

    Catholics worship the Pope, the Virgin Mary, and other dead saints by offering up prayers to them.

    Worship Defined: Reverent honor and homage paid to God or a sacred personage.

    Do Catholics pray to the Pope? Yes. A Costa Rican woman told how she recovered from a brain aneurysm after praying to the Blessed Pope John Paul II, who died in 2005. The woman stated that the Pope answered her prayer in 2011.( a google search can confirm this) Praying to people, dead or alive is worship.

    Acts 10:25-26 As Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him and fell down at his feet and worshiped him. 26 But Peter lifted him up, saying, Stand up; I myself am also a man.(NKJV)

    The apostles Peter did not accept worship from men.(Peter was not a Pope. The office of Pope is not mentioned in the Bible)

    Matthew 4:10 Then Jesus said to him, Away with you, Satan! For it is written, "You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only shall you serve.'"(NKJV)

    The Lord your God does not include the Pope, the Virgin Mary, or any other saints dead or alive. Man cannot answer prayers, only God can answer prayers.

    Do you really want to trust the Catholic Church as the authority for your faith and practice.

    God wrote the Bible He did not write Catholic Church doctrine.

    PRAYING TO GOD IS WORSHIPING GOD!

    Praying to men is worshiping men!


    YOU ARE INVITED TO FOLLOW MY BLOG. http://steve-finnell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right. Thanks for the comment. I don't get many of those.

      However, you didn't really respond to what I said, you used what I said to allow your self to go into a speech about idolatry and Catholics. You could just have said I talk about this too on my blog, check it out... And I'd still not be happy for it, that is using my blog to advertise your blog. Kind of cheesy and false if you ask me.

      Try to do better next time. Or, better yet, don't do it again.

      Delete