NOTICE

NOTICE

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Dreams of a poor man

If I were rich I'd:

Pay Chuck Dixon to write the comic books from the  concepts I have created, because I know he could do much better than me in writing them out.   And pay an artist who he and I both would respect and like to do it, without measuring the total cost, because, as I said, if I were rich it would not matter.

I'd buy a ton of land in Northern Minnesota and build an enormous house, with no neighbors for miles.  It would be the finest house possible to build.  And I'd have many cats to accompany me, my wife, and my son.  People could visit, but only with my permission, since there'd be a huge invisible electric fence to protect us there.

I'd buy a copy of every book, in every edition, from every company, in English, of the following authors:  Lord Dunsany, H.P. Lovecraft, Robert E. Howard, Albert Camus, Franz Kafka, Ernest Hemingway, Brian Lumley, Anne Rice, Alan Dean Foster, Fritz Leiber, various poets, Victor Davis Hanson, Mary Shelley, and a couple more I can't think of, at the moment.

I'd found a publishing house where I'd pay poets to write, and create books at a reasonable price, and make sure that the art is available to be read, and poets, of professional caliber, paid well.  I'd do the same with other areas of the arts, and humanities as a whole.

I'd get liposuction. 

I'd create a seed bank so when the apocalypse comes, humans who are unfortunate enough to survive will have something to start over with.


No comments:

Post a Comment