NOTICE

NOTICE

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Free from the flesh, freedom of the soul


The human world reminds us that there are rules to live by.   We are told how much we can do, take, give, and pay.   The biological world has rules too, nobody lives longer than a certain amount of time, we are not eternal in flesh.

But I believe that whatever else, the soul is eternal.  That thing within us that makes us unique was given to us, and it is up to us to live up to that gift.   The soul makes us different than any other person, not better, not worse, but different.

I look into my eyes, through the mirror and cannot see anything special.  I see no creature made of divinity ready to be freed, but should I be killed, a spear through my heart and flesh, perhaps that is when the soul is released.   

The bible tells us that only by the shed blood of the innocent can sins be released, and thereby and our soul be made free.    So perhaps I must die, so that my flesh can be shaken off, and my soul freed from its bondage.

I desire freedom.  


No comments:

Post a Comment