NOTICE

NOTICE

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Lavender and Life

I long to lay in the fields of Elysium, where the summer is never hot, and the sun never burns your skin.   I do not want to die yet, but the beauty there is beyond that of the world I live and that calls to me.


And how long must I wait to sleep there, where the air is clean, the silence is perfect, and the scents of lavender or whatever else is growing, lift me?   I do not know.   I do know that I am moved deeply by beauty, my soul desires rest in the arms of eternity, and that to have a place so nearly perfect for me, would be beyond glory.

I don't know what heaven is.   I know what I've been told.   But I pray to see Elysium, and to reunite with those I love.   Whatever else is there, I can wait to learn then.

I am full of this life, and do not want to leave, but I do need to be renewed.  So I hope for this.   I hope.


Inuit proverb "Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy."

No comments:

Post a Comment